NetSEA Technologies currently has an opening for a Network Engineer needed work as a member of the Transportable Tactical Command Communications (T2C2) Engineering Team at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. The duties/responsibilities of the Network Engineer include, but not limited to the following:
Clearance Level: Must be able to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship possessing Secret clearance or higher.
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Hours: Normal business hours Monday - Friday
Travel: up to 15%
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as subject matter expert in all aspects of T2C2 network architecture
- Develop & build the statement of work for T2C2 portfolio, review proposals, develop performance specs and support acquisition process.
- Provide general engineering advice and guidance to the PdM on network technology as it pertains to individual programs.
- Responsible for network aspects of the T2C2 System Architecture and developing interfaces to Tactical Network System Architecture, including implementation of the physical network as it relates to these architectures. This includes NetOps and interfaces to RHN, T2C2, INC1, INC2, and DoDIN.
- Keep PdM SATCOM TMD Chief, T2C2 APM, T2C2 Chief Engineer and other team leaders informed of key issues as required, support team members in execution of tasks.
- Provide technical support in all T2C2 equipment in labs and run lab experiments.
- Develop equipment and network configurations and products.
- Knowledge of Converged Ethernet Over IP (EOIP) network.
- Knowledge and understanding of the T2C2 and WIN-T software baseline and its requirement to allow the system to be seamlessly integrated into the WIN-T software architecture.
- Knowledge and understanding of system engineering processes, procedures, and best practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of IP Encryption and its ability to interoperate with the T2C2 system architecture to meet IA requirements.
- Review Government performance work statements and contractor proposals for technical accuracy and to ensure requirements are met.
- Position involves understanding all user requirements, architecture compliance, key elements, issues and general technical support and coordination.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in Cisco Routing & Switching.
- Certification Requirements include Network + CCNA, or CCNP (desired)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or relevant field or 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with test-driven development and operational feedback.
- Experience with managing and utilizing version control systems.
- Works well within team environments but can accomplish tasks individually as needed.
- Minimum SECRET clearance is required.