POSITION TITLE: Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
LOCATION: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Position Number: NS-TR-2301
NetSEA Technologies is seeking a qualified Information System Security Officer (ISSO) who will prepare, submit and monitor accreditation packages through the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process ensuring receipt of Interim Authority to Test (IATT) or Authority to Operation (ATO) in support of PM Tactical Radios (TR) Technical Management Division (TMD) mission requirements. This position will be supporting IVAS requirements.
Clearance Level: Must possess a DoD SECRET or higher clearance.
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Hours: Normal business hours Monday - Friday
Travel: up to 15%
Roles & Responsibilities:
The ISSO will apply their knowledge of Cybersecurity engineering best practices used to secure technical solutions, including applications, systems, architectures, and infrastructures that are operationally viable and efficient on-site at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG):
- Independently provides support in defining and implementing system security requirements, designs security architecture and develops a security design for program platforms up to and including classified networks.
- Leverage security products and technologies to protect the organization’s systems and information and enable achievement of the organization’s objectives.
- Begin and maintain accreditations during the continuous monitoring stages of Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Review and evaluate security impact of changes to authorized systems and provide technical guidance focused on information security architecture.
- Review and author System Security Plans (SSPs) and other supporting body of evidence documentation.
- Participates in the development or revision of security related policies and procedures, conducts Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) evaluations annually on accredited systems and completes/updates Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) as appropriate.
- Perform or assist in certain cybersecurity efforts, ex: Critical Functionality Analysis (CFA), Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM), and Critical Components and Critical Program Information (CPI) evaluations, and Cybersecurity Strategy development.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Engineering, Business or equivalent. Four (4) additional years of relevant experience or military experience substituted for education.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience including system security analysis and implementation
- Familiarity with the following information security requirement regulations: DoD 8510.01, NIST publication series (800-53, 53A, 37, etc.), AR 380-5, AR 25-2, etc.
- Utilized eMASS to create and submit RMF packages including building, submitting, and maintaining the package including post accreditation/throughout the continuous monitoring stage.
- A minimum of current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Be able to work independently.
- Clearance requirement: Active Secret
- An active US Army SIPR token
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level III