NetSEA Technologies currently has an opening for a Test Engineer to conduct test and evaluation of Army communication and networking systems. As such, the incumbent is responsible for performing the full range of standard engineering test functions for research and development, production and post-production, product improvement or other test projects in order to evaluate the performance characteristics and to determine if the system meets the requirements.
This position will provide support for lab and field test events across the PdM product portfolio. This position will also coordinate with other PdMs within PM TN to synchronize test schedules, deconflict resources and execute tests. These test events include Validation Exercises (VALEX), Reset testing events, fielding / Product Acceptance Test (PAT) events, as well as other developmental testing needs as appropriate, such as Verification & Validation (V&V) and capabilities, developing Tactics, Techniques & Procedures (TTPs) / Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
The purpose of the position is to conduct a variety of intensive and extensive laboratory and field performance tests on items/systems.
Clearance Level: Must be able to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship possessing Secret clearance or higher.
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Hours: Normal business hours Monday - Friday
Travel: up to 25%
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and reviews test plans containing such information as type of test to be conducted, facilities required, proposed schedule, and estimated cost of project.
- Conducts performance tests and evaluation of items/systems
- Ensures sufficient equipment and resources (e.g., personnel) are available to perform tasks.
- Coordinates testing requirements with other engineers or subject matter specialists, other PdMs or organizations for tests or facilities that are required for the test.
- Analyzes and evaluates technical data including instrumentation readings, calculations, deficiency reports, etc. to ensure valid results or obtain weaknesses or failures encountered and probable causes, suggested modification, and design changes
- Analyzes design and specification proposals of manufacturers to ascertain that they meet specified general requirements; makes recommendations as to feasibility of designs, time and cost estimates, and other technical phases proposed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of DoD, DA, acquisition, and ATEC T&E policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of instrumentation systems, data collection and reduction techniques, commercial and military standards, and use of management information systems necessary to facilitate testing and evaluation.
- Ability to organize and lead teams through collaboration.
- Proven ability in applying data analysis techniques.
- Ability to develop evaluation strategies to include application of design of experiments and modeling and simulation techniques.
- Knowledge of the architecture, protocols, security, network management and physics underlying these systems.
- Experience in more than just testing software.
- Has a broad range of testing experience, such as in addition to software, experience with hardware and testing to Military Standards/Specifications.